Our Page & Screen section brings the best of historical media straight to you. Through books, films, exhibitions, and more, we’re taking history for a trip outside the library.
- The beautiful nuance of ‘A Passage to India’
Glenn Armstrong reviews E.M. Forster’s ‘A Passage to India’, discussing what it reveals about British colonial attitudes and where it falls short.
- The Dig does not approach the Old English period in an exciting, or new way
Maebh Howell discusses Netflix’s The Dig, and how the Old English period is more varied and interesting than the film implies.
- OHR Editors’ Picks Part Two: from Asante to America
Welcome to part two of our OHR editors’ picks – these recommendations take you (almost) round the world, without having to leave your room!
- Keith Haring: Street Art Boy Review
JADE CALDER reviews the 2020 documentary on Keith Haring’s life and work.
- The Crown: Truth or Fiction?
EMMA HINNELLS on whether the show’s artistic licence is justified.
- OHR Editors’ Picks
Term is coming around quickly, but before you dig into your reading list, have a look at some of the content our editors have enjoyed over the summer.